An excellent recipe I have pulled together for better dumplings for your Stew or Soup. These dumplings have lots of flavour and everyone loves cheese.
The best cheese dumplings with lots of flavour.
- 1 cup flour mix it up a bit ass some whole when to it about 1/8cup
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp chives
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk just enough to get it all moist
- Add all dry ingredients together and mix well
- cut butter into dry ingredients with fork or pastry cutter
- stir in milk until moistened together
- drop into simmering stew or soup and simmer for 10 min
- cover pot with lid and let finish cooking for 10 to 20 min
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!