This is an excellent beef jerky recipe I have worked on for a long time to perfect. That great salty taste of beef jerky along with a slight spiciness and the occasional hot hit.
Jalapeno Roulette Beef Jerky
- 500 gr Round Steak make sure it has as little marbling as possible
- 1 cup Soy Sauce use any soy sauce you like I use the cheap no-name stuff
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Use cheep red wine
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinagar
- 2 tsp Balsmic Vinagar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Jalapeno Pepper more if you like it spicey
- 1/8 tsp Tobasco Sauce Add to taste
- 1/4 to 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes this adds a bit more spice
- 1/4 tsp Liquid Smoke can be up to 1/2 tsp depends on how smokey you like
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp Dried Flaked Onions
- 1/2 tsp Lemmon Pepper
- 1 tsp Honey
Preparing the Marinade
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
Preparing the Meat
- Let the steak warm a bit while you prepare the marinade
- Slice the steak thin and go across the grain when ever possible
- place all the meat into the marinade and mix well
- Cover and Place in fridge for min 24hrs up to 48 hrs
- Place all meat on dehydration rack and set temp to 148 deg to 160 deg and dry for 12 to 20 hrs until it hits the dryness you prefer.
- If you do not have a dehydrator you can do this in an oven set to 150 deg just place the meat on a drying rack that is on a cookie tray to catch the dripping juice.
- Pack into jars or smal zipliock bags. You can also vacume seal for storage for upto 6mo to a year if done right but, if like my house chances are it won't last too long.