This is a refried bean recipe I have been working on for quite sometime. It is better than any canned refried beans you might buy and it much better for you without a bunch of extra junk in it.
Rogues Refried Beans
- Medium bowl
- 10" cast iron pan or equivalent
- potato masher
- 1 540ml can Your favourite beans Black Beans and Kidney are my favourite
- 1½ tbsp lard or coconut oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cilantro if you have fresh use 1 tsp
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ to 1½ tsp red pepper flakes depends on how hot you like it
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Rogues tomato power This is optional
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and mash up with potato masher until most beans are smashed and mixed well
- Heat up a 10" cast iron skillet on medium high heat and add a little bit of oil to it. Pour bean mixture into pan and heat to simmering and simmer until all moisture is gone. take about 15 to 25 minutes depending on how high you have the heat up on pan.
- Pour into serving bowl and it great for burritos and or even just dipping with chips.