This is a spice blend that can be made ahead and stored for quick use. With a quick change of ingredients you can make either Spanish rice or Mexican Rice depending on the meal you want to make.
With a quick change in ingredients it can either be Spanish or Mexican rice.
As a Mexican rice it goes great with Rogues Refried Beans
Rogues Spanish / Mexican Rice
- 1 tbsp dried onion
- 1 tbsp Red & Green Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Parsley
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ⅛ tsp Black Pepper
- 500 ml Can Chopped Tomatoes
For Spanish Rice
- ⅙ tsp Turmeric
For Mexican Rice
- 1 tsp Rogues Death Pepper mix or Red Pepper You can also use cyan pepper
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Mix All dry ingredients together and store for later use
- When making rice stir in can of tomatoes as part of the water you use add enough water for your rice. Prepare Rice as usual.