This is a ketchup recipe I had been working on for a while and finally found the right mix of ingredients that will satisfy your need for a savory and mildly spicy ketchup. You can omit the Rogues Death Pepper mix to make it a simple plain ketchup.
Rogues Spicy Ketchup
- 1 Immersion Blender if you do not have an immersion blender you can blend it up in a food processor or regular blender
- 1 Large Pot
- 1 Mixing Spoon
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3/4 Large Onion
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 1.37 kilo Tomatoes Whatever type of tomato you prefer but sauce tomatoes boil down faster
- 1 156ml can Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tsp Powered Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Salt
- 3 1/12 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1` tsp Rogues Death Pepper You can use regular red pepper flakes or omit for a plain ketchup.
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Powdered Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 3/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Chop onions, garlic and celery.
- Remove stems from tomatoes and cut into quarters and set aside.
- Measure all spices and sugars into a separate bowl and set aside
- Measure out the Apple Cider Vinegar and set aside.
- Preheat pot on stove and add olive oil to it.
- Add in Onion, Garlic and celery and simmer until onions are soft and brown.
- Add tomatoes and simmer until tomatoes are cooked down, soft and watery.
- add the spice and sugar mix and mix well and cook for about another 10 min
- Add Apple cider Vinegar and mix well.
- Pull out your immersion blender and blend everything well until smooth.
- Simmer for about another hour then let cool bottle and serve.
- This ketchup will last about 2 to 4 weeks in the fridge but can be canned to last even longer.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on TheRoguesOasis.com should only be used as a general guideline.